Snowman Contest Official Rules
The LIVE 2021 Snowman Contest is intended to bring people outside to enjoy physical activities during the cold winter months. Studies have shown that both being outdoors taking part in physical activities helps to improve your mental health. The contest will also help to bring awareness to the LIVE campaign, a positive mental health campaign that encourages people to LOVE (yourself), INCLUDE (others) VALUE (life) and ENGAGE (community).
1. Contest is open to residents of any age living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
2. The snowman must be built in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan during the month of January 2021.
3. Photos may not be edited in any way.
4. The person submitting the photo must have built the snowman or be the legal guardian of the person who built the snowman.
5. You may use props for your snowman.
6. Although it is not required, somehow incorporating the LIVE Campaign into your snowman will gain you an additional vote in the contest. (Information about the LIVE Campaign can be found at glrc.org/LIVE. You can get LIVE swag through several CTC’s across the Upper Peninsula or from West End Suicide Prevention.)
7. Do not include any people in your photos.
8. This is a family friendly contest. Any photos that are not family friendly will be disqualified.
9. To enter the contest, send a photo (jpeg) of the snowman to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Please include in the email your name, address and phone number. If a child built the snowman, please include the child’s name, age and your relationship with the child. You will receive a reply email as your confirmation.
10. Voting will take place via Facebook during the week of February 7th. All photos will be entered into an album and posted on the West End Suicide Prevention Facebook page. The city/town in which the snowman is built will be listed with the photo. No names will be included in the Facebook album. The photo with the highest number of Likes, Wows, Loves or Cares at the end of the contest will be the winner.