Great Lakes Recovery Centers operates Residential Treatment Centers:
- For Adults in Marquette, MI (906) 228-7611
- For Women in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (906) 632-2522
- For Men in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (906) 635-5542
- For Youth in Negaunee, MI (906) 228-4692
Often called “rehab” or “in-patient treatment”, residential substance abuse treatment refers to a short-term (30 day) or long-term (more than 30 day) arrangement, where clients live in a therapeutic environment, alongside other clients, with 24-hour supervision and access to on-site clinicians. The general intent is to provide the tools that will allow clients to cease substance abuse in order to avoid the negative psychological, legal, financial and health consequences. Clients typically suffer from symptoms of dependence on psychoactive substances such as alcohol, prescriptions drugs or various “street drugs” such as heroine, amphetamines or cocaine.
- Treatment usually includes:
- – Assessments of physical and mental health, substance abuse and coordination of medical services
- – A designated counselor and individualized treatment plan for each client
- – Individual and Group Therapy Sessions
- – Transition planning (finding stable housing, securing access to follow up care, employment and/or educational services, and other community resources)
Adult Residential Services in Marquette consists of two wings, separating the genders and focuses on providing services to clients who are 18 and up.
Youth Residential Services in Negaunee is the only residential substance abuse treatment provider in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula that specializes in working with adolescents age 12-17.