- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Class
March 11 @ 8:15 am - 4:30 pmFree
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an 8-hour training course that teaches you how to help someone who has a mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis. MHFA teaches a five-step action plan to assess a situation, select and implement appropriate interventions and secure appropriate care for an individual experiencing a mental health problem.
For more information on Mental Health First Aid visit the website below.
The Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
Who should take it?
– Generally, Mental Health First Aid classes offered through this initiative are open to the public.
– Anyone who is part of a community should take Mental Health First Aid.
– Those who might be interested in the course include: teachers, police officers, parents, human resource directors, church workers, direct care workers & friends.
– Anyone who wants to learn more about mental illness and addiction.
Why should you take it?
– To be prepared: CPR/First Aid training prepares you for medical emergencies, MHFA prepares you for mental health emergencies
– Mental illnesses are common: each year, 1 in 5 adults struggle with a mental illness that is significant enough to be diagnosed, but isn’t
– You care: learn how to be there for a friend, family member or colleague
– You can help: people with mental illnesses often suffer alone – reduce the stigma