Adolescent Services Center
Check out our brand new youth website! Click HERE!
104 Malton Rd.
Negaunee, MI 49866
Fax (906) 228-2830
Treatment works. People recover.
When you, or somebody you love, is struggling with a substance use disorder, don’t wait. Get your questions answered now by calling (906) 228-9696 or toll free at (855) 906-GLRC(4572).
Upon your arrival at our Adolescent Services Center in the rustic and beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan, you will be greeted by one of our professionals and after a guided paperwork session, you’ll assure your teen that you will see them soon and be in constant contact. They will immediately start orientation to get settled in and break the ice with the other residents. Most often, another resident will take on an active role in helping your teen get acclimated.
Their stay begins with the development of an individualized treatment plan designed to fit their unique circumstances and involves the family when it comes time to make decisions about things like schooling and living situations. The goal is to set your teen up to achieve a successful, life-long recovery.
– One-on-one therapy sessions.
– Group therapy sessions.
– Additional methods that include activities such as service learning projects and Art Therapy.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a home-like experience during their stays, which include:
– keeping up with school in our year-round classroom
– social meal times
– strolls through our 10 acre wooded lot
– access to our library
– our enclosed courtyard
– semi-private room (with bathrooms)
– TV lounges, an outdoor basketball court, a greenhouse and more!
Parents/guardians can call any time and encouraged to remain in constant contact with the counselors at GLRC. However, we tend to restrict direct contact with your teen for the first week while they get settled.
When the time comes for your teen to come home, we will celebrate their accomplishments as a group recognize their completion of the program with a medallion and finally bid them farewell and encourage them to follow up with their counselors, attend outpatient sessions and come back to share their stories of success with new residents.
Accepted funding sources include Michigan Medicaid, MI Child, Access to Recovery (ATR), Indian Health Services (IHS), Courts, State of Michigan DHS, Self-Pay, most Blue Cross plans, and other insurances.
Michigan PIHPs – Contact your Regional Entity for assistance
– Medicaid, MIChild, etc.
– Low-income families
– Uninsured families
State of Michigan DHS – Contact your local DHS office for assistance
– GLRC is considered a Juvenile Justice placement
- Non-Secure building
- No restraining or seclusion
– Abuse/Neglect cases must file for exception prior to placement
Tribal Services – Contact your local Tribal Behavioral Health office for assistance
– Access to Recovery (ATR)
- Available to citizens of the collaborating tribes and citizens of other federally recognized, state-recognized, and Canadian tribes residing in the service area.
- Non-Native family members and descendants are also eligible.
– Indian Health Services (IHS)
- Available to federally recognized American Indian and Alaska Natives in the United States
- Must utilize health insurance benefits (if available) first
Blue Cross/Blue Shield and other insurance plans
– Contact the GLRC Call Center to verify benefits and coverage – (906) 228-9696 or (855) 906-4572
– To help ensure the adolescent will qualify for services GLRC considers the following:
- The adolescent has been unsuccessful with their recovery efforts at the Outpatient level
- Their home environment is undermining their recovery efforts
- There’s evidence of doing harm to self/others due to continued use of substances
- Co-occurring mental health issues that interfere with recovery efforts
– Families can opt to pay out of pocket for services. They should contact the GLRC Call Center for more information – (906) 228-9696 or (855) 906-4572
– GLRC is also willing to contract with County Courts for payment of treatment services.