Great Lakes Recovery Centers works with hospitals, medical centers, health organizations, schools, and law enforcement agencies all over Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and the Midwest.
These services are by referral only. Click the links to the right for more information.
Call (906) 228-9696 to speak to a person about GLRC’s Detox Services. The result of a collaboration with local hospitals and the Superior Health Foundation, Great Lakes Recovery Centers offers facilities in both Marquette and Sault Ste. Marie for clients, experiencing “sub-acute detox”, to reside for a shortened time frame. Sub-acute detoxification refers to clients who are experiencing intoxication or withdrawal symptoms that are severe enough to cause impairment, but are not so severe that they require medical attention. Here they have access to shelter, supervision and support until their symptoms subside.
Great Lakes Recovery Centers works with local hospital emergency departments to provide screenings for patients who have been admitted to the ER and may be suffering from a mental health disorder. When ER personnel identify a patient who is exhibiting symptoms of a mental health disorder, they contact the on-call GLRC clinician who screens the patient while they are still in the ER. The GLRC clinician can then determine the level of mental health care that the patient needs. Call (906) 228-9696 for more information.
The In-Home Treatment Team (IHTT) is a innovative solution focused program that is designed to support Substance Use Disorder clients as they transition from a higher level of care to a more independent setting. In a medical setting there is often a necessary requirement that post treatment for surgery there is a ‘follow up’ to ensure that the person is stabilized at home. The hope of the IHTT is to provide stabilization to Substance Use Disorder clients so that they can engage with the next level of care that they need to maintain sobriety.
Many clients complete residential treatment successfully, only to be reintroduced to the same environment that acted as a triggering agent. For some individuals, this return to their home can cause relapse, and in turn a readmission into a local community program. This places an unnecessary burden upon clients and the programs serving them. The IHTT program focuses on disrupting this cycle of readmission, by wrapping the client in needed community supports and working on specific goals, all while in their own home.
Funding for this program is provided by a grant received from the Superior Health Foundation.
• Individualized, solution focused, goal creation
• Support with connecting with the next level of care continue sobriety (outpatient clinics, therapists etc)
• Meeting medical needs by coordinating with a UPHP representative to determine type of medical coverage, and which medical providers accept clients’ insurance.
• Case management, including assistance with obtaining/completing housing applications; resume building and applying for jobs
• Referrals to community agencies for support (NA/AA/Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program if necessary)
• In-home peer recovery coaching
• In-home meetings with the program coordinator to address any additional relapse prevention/recovery needs (Services can include auricular acupuncture, and utilizing multiple evidence-based therapeutic modalities to meet clients’ needs).
Call GLRC at (906) 228-9696 for more information about our Jail In-Reach Services. GLRC Staff works with in-mates of the local Jail facilities in the Marquette area (Marquette County Jail and the Magnum Farm Community Correctional Facility). For those individuals who request or are referred to substance abuse treatment services, we offer a number of evidence based practices on both a group and individual basis. Treatment often includes such practices as:
- Thinking Matters, a Cognitive Restructuring program that forces individuals to examine the core attitudes and beliefs that motivate their thinking patterns and dictate their behaviors.
- Moral Reconation Therapy, a systematic treatment strategy that seeks to decrease recidivism among juvenile and adult criminal offenders by increasing moral reasoning.
Call (906) 228-9696 for Sexual Addiction Services at the Ishpeming Outpatient office.
Great Lakes Recovery Centers, Inc. offers specialized sex addiction assessment and treatment for adolescents, adults and couples. We offer therapy on an individual, group, couple and family basis.
Between 12 and 15 million Americans suffer from symptoms of sex addiction and it is often accompanied by other addictions. Indications that you might have a sex addiction include:
- Using sex to numb negative feelings or achieve a fleeting high
- Hiding sexual behaviors from your spouse
- Feeling that you’ve lost control over your sexual behavior
- Failing to heed self-imposed limits on your sexual behavior
- Finding that your sexual behavior has caused you to lose a relationship, fail at your job, or spend less time with your friends and family
- Knowing that your sexual behaviors could lead to problems in your life if people knew about them
- Realizing that you can’t permanently quit harmful sexual behaviors
If you, or someone you love, is struggling with sex addiction, you are not alone. Treatment works! Call (906) 228-9696 for more information today.
GLRC provides a transitional program for sex offenders who are either paroled or have completed their prison sentence. The program includes a support group as well as assistance with obtaining housing and employment. Call (906) 228-9696 for more information.